My name is Merry Strong. Welcome to Hip Homemaking Tips. I’m SO glad you stopped by! I’m a long-time homemaker who also happens to be a part-time writer and a self-proclaimed “Internet research junkie.” I LOVE to discover new things!
Much of the content I write pertains to homemaking, in one way or another. That being said, I’ve finally decided to share a lot of the great information I’ve run across, as well as some of the things I’m still learning on a blog… THIS blog. I see it as a never-ending and totally enjoyable process.
The definition of homemaking is as follows: “the establishment or management of a home; duties of a homemaker.” My goal is to provide the hip homemaking tips of today with things my mom and grandma taught me. I miss both of them SO much! This is one way of keeping them close to me.
On a more personal note, I’m 56 (yikes) and live in Michigan with my Chihuahua (Chase) and my husband (Jerry). My 27-year-old son Alex lives a short distance away.
I’ve been lucky enough to work from home for more than 20 years. I’ve done everything from taking orders for HSN to booking and servicing cruises for several major vendors to renewing memberships for AAA… along with several other customer service positions in between. My hobbies include collecting cookbooks and kitchen gadgets, bargain hunting and writing.
Other Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
- I’m addicted to Coca-Cola and prefer to drink it warm.
- I wasn’t born on Christmas Day, as the spelling of my first name implies.
- I believe in ghosts and the paranormal.
- I love to play Hearthstone. I blame Alex for my addiction.
- I survived a hundred mile an hour car ride, going the wrong on a busy highway, at night in the pouring rain. Don’t ask!
- I’m writing a “cozy mystery.” Ding Dong the Wicked Kitchen Queen is Dead… coming soon to a Kindle near you!
- When I was little I had a turtle named Guy, I have a cousin named Guy AND an ex-husband named Guy. What are the chances, right?
- I walk with crutches.
- My mom and I sometimes referred to each other as “Bunnies.” I honestly have no idea why.
- My first paid blogging gig was for PriceGrabber, writing about kitchen gadgets. It was nine or so years ago and if I remember correctly, I made $30 a post. I really thought I hit the big time!
- I kissed Harry Chapin at one of his concerts.
- I’m fascinated with abandoned buildings and venues. So much so, I started Abandoned Across America.
So, now you know more about me than you probably want to… lol. But, I have to admit, it was fun going down memory lane to put together the list.
Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions, feedback, suggestions, etc. I’m always just an email away. Let the hip and happy homemaking begin!